During the competition, the competitors will perform tasks with the Microsoft Office software. The competition tasks are based on the curriculum of the vocational qualifications in Business and in Information and Telecommunications Technology. The skill requirement level is in line with the curriculum grade Excellent (K3). When completing the tasks, the competitor should focus on entrepreneurship, sustainable development, well-being at work, and work safety.
- Spreadsheets (Excel)
- Processing spreadsheet data (filtering, subtotals, protection, linking, importing data)
- Adding illustrations to a spreadsheet (images, objects, links, comments, editing charts)
- Using calculation formulas and functions
- Goal seek
- Recording macros and producing a macro button
- Word processing (Word)
- Styles and document templates
- Long documents (section breaks, headers and footers, table of contents, indexes, references and bibliographies)
- Columns (dividing a text into columns)
- Merge functions (labels and form letters, connecting to a data source)
- Forms (creating and editing tables and form fields)
- Presentation graphics (PowerPoint)
- Diverse use of images and drawing tools, animations
- Inserting and editing charts and objects, as well as RGP colour definitions
- Slide-specific effects, text effects, action buttons, hyperlinks
The finals will include a part where the competitors utilize external databases. The tasks may also be solved using Excel add-ons: PowerView, PowerQuery, PowerMap, and PowerPivot.
Competing in the finals will also be accepted as qualification completion of the Advanced Card. Past competition tasks and sample tasks can be found at http://www.skillsfinland.fi/fi/taitaja-tapahtuma/tehtavapankki/.
All software is in English.